polycarbonate sheets News
- + The advantages of Polycarbonate sheets as canopy [12-06]
- + How much is a 3mm Polycarbonate sheets [12-06]
- + The advantage&price of polycarbonate solid sheet [08-13]
- + balcony rain awning，choose polycarbonate hollow sheet or glass canopy [12-06]
- + How much is the price of Solid Polycarbonate sheets [12-06]
- + Is it good to use the Bayer polycarbonate hollow sheet for the balcony canopy? [12-06]
- + The difference between the polycarbonate hollow sheet and polycarbonate solid sheets [07-25]
- + PC sheet manufacturers tell you why polycarbonate solid sheets have color difference [12-06]
The Polycarbonate Sheet for building material
American architect Louis Kahn once said, “To design space is to design light.” Natural light in an architectural space is crucial. Architects employ a variety of design methods to shape and define a space by using light. One method involves modifying the building’s structure - architects can open light wells, program large windows - another makes use of translucent materials such as polycarbonate sheet.
Polycarbonate sheet is a building material used internationally. Its high transparency in a single or twinwall configuration with space between two panels allows light to penetrate. In addition, due to its light weight, impact resistance and sound insulation properties, polycarbonate has been a popular building material since the mid-1980s. In fact, the material has become common in our day-to-day lives, seen in highway noise barriers and greenhouse roofing.
Compared with glass, polycarbonate sheets are lighter and safer. In the past, polycarbonate hollow sheet were used mostly for industrial purposes. In recent years, more architects have pioneered new uses for the material, integrating polycarbonate sheets into the facades of private residences and even public buildings. By creating a translucent “avenue”, the building transforms into a box of hazy natural light.
By creating a translucent “avenue”, the building transforms into a box of hazy natural light. MASS DESIGN appreciates the smooth surface of polycarbonate sheeting, as well as the material’s vertical grain, through which light can pass rhythmically like waves of water. Polycarbonate sheet is also light and easy to disassemble, making it suitable for the construction of temporary buildings.
People who viewed this also viewed
- + Four reasons for choosing polycarbonate sheet in car parking shed 08-18
- + Difference between polycarbonate sheet and polyurethane insulation sheet 08-18
- + Hollow polycarbonate sheet and polycarbonate sheet are the same and the difference 07-26
- + What is the difference between Polycarbonate hollow sheet and PMMA acrylic sheet 07-03
- + The reason of choosing Hollow Polycarbonate Sheet for car shelter 07-03
- + Glass or polycarbonate hollow sheet for transparent roof 06-12
- + What material is polycarbonate sheet and is it acrylic 06-11
- + The concept and classification of plastics 04-20
- + What material is polycarbonate sheet? The difference between polycarbonate sheet and acrylic 04-08
- + why you choose solid polycarbonate sheet for canopy 03-19